Creating the Competitive Advantage
Most people don't reach their full potential because of their body, training, or physical talent. It is their mind that is the deterrent. Consider how your thoughts and beliefs may be hindering your performance. 'Elite Minds' provides insight into the process of developing a world-class mind in both business and sport, where the principles of performance are the same, despite the activity. With Elite Minds, Dr. Stan Beecham will:
- Demonstrate how fear is keeping you from reaching your goals
- Teach you that there is no such thing as individual performance
- Show how successful people are more time efficient
- Take you through the minds of the elite answering 'Who Am I'?
Runner Academy's Matt Johnson discusses the competitive advantage with Dr. Stan Beecham.
Get your competitive edge
via Book Logix
and eBook on Nook
. Click here
to learn discover what other readers have learned.
Meet Dr. Beecham
Dr. Stan Beecham is a Sport Psychologist and Leadership Consultant based in Roswell, Georgia. Legendary Coach Vince Dooley gave Beecham his start as an undergraduate student at UGA allowing him to work with Kevin Butler, the great college and professional kicker for the Chicago Bears.
Dooley later hired Dr. Beecham to start the Sport Psychology Program for the Athletic Department. He was instrumental in helping UGA win numerous individual and team championships during his tenure.
Today his work with collegiate, Olympic and Professional athletes from many sports has afforded him an insight into the minds of great competitors that only few have had the good fortune to gain.
Dr. Beecham has taken his wisdom into the business world as he develops and creates leadership development programs for corporate clients.
A world-class speaker and presenter, Dr. Beecham shares his vast knowledge and experience in this incredible work.
Dr. Beecham is available to speak with your profit/nonprofit organization, run group, or civic committee on reaching your full potential.
Reviewed on November 11, 2013
- "If you truly want to reach your full potential, this book is the kick in the ass you need. You'll want to turn it up come race day or when the opportunity knocks to a whole different level than you thought possible after reading this. Read this now if you have that burning desire for greatness inside you." Joey Schrichte
Reviewed on November 7, 2013
- "I can't put this new book down! I've long been a fan of sports psychologist Dr. Stan Beecham. In Fact, I hired him as the psychologist for my elite running team a few years ago. Now, he has published his long-awaited book on peak performance called 'Elite Minds'...I'm really glad he wrote this book. It truly is a great read and I'm very excited to offer it to the McMillan community. Buy it. Read it. Get ready for the performances of your dreams." McMillanRunning.com
Don't miss this one!
Reviewed on October 13, 2013
- ..."I carefully read the book with highlighter in hand, and forced myself to only read one chapter at a sitting in order to reflect on what he was saying. This book could have the title of Life 101, Parenting 101 and many others. Fabulous gifts to special people in your life!" thomasjohneberhardt
Not a how-to book
Reviewed on September 29, 2013
- "Want to perform at a higher level? You do not need to make better to-do lists. You do not need to follow a different system or training plan. Ask yourself what would you would really do if you weren't afraid to fail. Get out of your own way. Then do it. First step? Read Elite Minds." KAnderson
Off the map amazing!
Reviewed on September 15, 2013
- "I've read 100's of books on this subject over my 42 year and NOTHING has ever been as powerful and REAL as Stan's book. It's a very fast, easy read and to the point with no FLUFF . Even if your not a sports fan and work for yourself in a MLM, Direct sales or work with people on a team I believe this book is a MUST read for all leaders!!! For me and those I know who have read this book it has been a major game changer." Jim Cundiff
A must read...
Reviewed on September 11, 2013
- "As a collegiate coach, I have had my team read this book and we had group discussions about it for the past two weeks. In these two weeks, I have seen my players buy in to the book and make significant jumps in their game. Stan directs much attention to the mental side of the game-( i.e. self talk, goal setting, teamwork) and his messages are very clear and simple. I would highly recommend this book to any athlete who is searching for the 'next step' in their game, or anyone who wants to be able to better understand what really matters in sport." Jeff
Elite Minds A++
Reviewed on August 29, 2013
- "I have had the pleasure of calling Dr. Stan a friend since 2010, where he came to visit our elite running team in Flagstaff, Arizona. I was struck by his presence then and I am even more amazed now by his ability to put the science of the brain and the mind into words that make sense to the average person. Elite Minds is applicable to not only sports but life. Each chapter almost comes like a bucket of ice water to the face, an abrupt reminder of what you are doing and where you want to go. I kept stopping and thinking, "yes Erin, he is talking to you." Elite Minds is a great read for anyone who wants to be successful, period. Stan has reached an unlimited audience and has driven me to different levels of success in all aspects of my life. I look forward to what he puts out next!" Bedeezy
Leadership Resource Center
Dr. Beecham is a director and founding member of the Leadership Resource Center in Atlanta, Georgia. Since 1998, he has consulted with organizations to help them maximize business performance and realize the full potential of their human resources. Senior Executives utilize Dr. Beecham’s expertise to guide them through the process of selecting and developing high performance teams. In addition to his coaching and consulting engagements at the Leadership Resource Center, he is a professional speaker and writer committed to advancing the science of leadership development.
Leadership Resource Center's services include: 360 assessment profiles, executive coaching, leadership development training programs, derailment prevention, and team performance enhancement. Strategic talent management services include pre-employment and pre-promotion selection, competency modeling, selection center development and implementation, performance appraisal systems, and retention program development.
Visit LeadershipResourceCenter.com for a comprehensive list of our services. Or contact us directly for additional information at firstname.lastname@example.org.